Saturday, May 1, 2010

Trout Mask Replica

In 320kbps

Many memories of this record. Mostly, sitting around with Spencer Gray in the hotboxed hallway of our old apartment trying to make sense of it. Some of the songs sound like everybody's playing a differnt song at once but it still somehow works. Also, Captain Beefheart is one of the only honkys able to sing like fucking Howling Wolf.  To this day i don't think anyone has recorded a record that is so bizarre and so listenable at the same time. Even by 2010 standards this record is "far-out". Just listen  imagine when people dropped this on their turntables in 1969... bad trips ensued.





replica




1 comment:

Berkman Frick said...

I remember reading this post months ago. In my head "TFR. yeah yeah yeah. I have it." I have it alright, buried up in my attic. God knows where. Last weekend read about his passing in the NYT. I was sad. After digging around I found it. A I have to say now is thank you. So, Thank you. You are spoecial person.